People have been drinking green tea for thousands of years, and with good reason. Green tea is full of antioxidants that offer a wide range of benefits to your health. Not everyone has the time to drink a cup of green tea each day, and some people don’t like the taste, but did you know that you can get the same health benefits by taking a green tea extract supplement?
So, what exactly does green tea extract offer?
Continue reading “6 Benefits of Green Tea Extract”
If you have ever tried to lose weight, you know how frustrating it can be when you fail. You do everything the experts recommend and still no luck. Trying to lose weight if you have PCOS, or polycystic ovary syndrome, is 10 times more challenging.
Continue reading “6 Weight Loss Tips Specifically for Women with PCOS”
How Long Does it Take to See Weight Loss Results?
Many people who are trying to lose weight get overwhelmed because they assume they have to lose a substantial amount of weight in order to reap the benefits.The reality of it is, there are many methods out there that may be beneficial to you. If you’re just getting started, here are a few things to remember.
While your weight loss goal depends greatly on your current weight, studies show that you can start benefiting from weight loss when you lose as little as five percent of your body weight. The study showed that patients:
- Reduced the amount of dangerous fat around the abdomen. Having a large amount of belly fat can increase your risk of cardiovascular disease, colorectal cancer, sleep apnea, and high blood pressure.
- Lowered triglyceride levels
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved how their bodies used insulin, which decreases the chance of getting diabetes and improves blood-sugar levels.
- Lowered heart rates
Tips on Getting to a Healthy Weight
If you’re aiming to lose weight, setting a goal of five percent is a good start. Here are a few tips to get to a health weight:
- Tweak your lifestyle. If you’re looking to lose weight, you need to make long-term changes to keep the weight off and stay healthy.
- Focus on health eating. Eat a well-balanced diet that includes whole grains, vegetables, and lean protein. Consult a specialist to get a meal plan or healthy eating tips.
- Exercise regularly. The American Heart Association suggests at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week, especially if you have a desk job that requires you to sit for a majority of the day. Not only can regular exercise help you lose weight, it can also improve heart health.
Weight Loss Specialists in Hollywood, FL
The specialists at South Florida Center for Weight Loss Balloons can help you reach your weight loss goals and live a healthier lifestyle. Call (954) 893-9222 today for more information on our weight loss services, or request an appointment online.